The National Security Customer Group of SAIC currently has a full-time position for a Cyberspace Joint Operations Planner with an active TS/SCI Polygraph to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate will provide in-depth strategic/operational planning expertise for the development of Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) policy, plans, processes, procedures, and governing directives. Planners will apply operational art and operational design and use the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) for the developmental planning of cyberspace capabilities for the operation, protection, and defense of the DODIN. Lead the creation of strike packages, and the vetting and validation of targets.
Daily activities include:
- Monitors and reviews strategies, doctrine, policies, directives, and instructions from higher echelon headquarters and makes recommendations to ensure compliance and/or consideration in planning efforts
- Develops plans and orders through the applications of operational art and operational design, and by using the JOPP, within the milestones, deliverables, and interaction points for plans developed using Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) activities
- Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, and assisting in the coordination of joint operational planning in support of training, exercise, combat, and contingency plans and operations
- Develops and integrates cyberspace capabilities into deliberate, contingency, operation, and crisis action planning
- Provides input for the development of TTPs, CONOPs, COAs, and other related documents related to OCO, DCO, and the securing of operating, and defending of the DODIN
- Provides input to address shortfalls, prioritize and validate requirements, and be prepared to modify development planning efforts based on the changing cyberspace environment
- Contributes to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required documentation to support planning and execution to accomplish USCYBERCOM exercise training priorities
- Conducts research of current and emerging threats to U.S. Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (CIKR)
- Participates in Joint Planning Groups (JPGs), and Operational Planning Groups/Teams (OPG/OPTs)
- Acts as a full participant and provides substantive contributions to JPGs and OPG/OPTs developing and integrating cyber capabilities into plans, and in support of Combatant Commander Planning efforts
- Fully participates and provides substantive contributions to cyberspace operations planning activities coordination through the IJSTO to include Evaluation Request and Response Messages, SAP procedures, and the RAPCO
- Serves as a technical expert of all planning methodologies and applications in all phases of military operations, providing analytical expertise and expert knowledge of operational design, Joint Operation Planning, and APEX
- Conducts joint operation planning in support of combat and contingency operations without supervision
- Provides technical expertise and participates in all phases and steps of the JOPP, APEX activities
- Provides significant contribution to the development of cyberspace operations plans, contingency plans, CONOPs, and orders
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Joint Operation Planner and a complete working knowledge of the JOPP, JOPES, and APEX planning formats and guidance
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum specialized education in military joint operation planning through the Joint Professional Military Education Phase II (JPME II). The JIOPC, or other similar military operation planning courses, may be substituted for JPME II.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Planning experience may be reduced by four years with completion of an advanced Service planner school (Schools of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), School of Advanced Air and Space Studies (SAASS), Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JAWS), etc.).
- ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability