Job ID: 209226
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2020
Subcategory: Geospatial Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Photogrammetric SME to support NGA and provide expertise in the processing of data from electro-optical systems to improve image quality, geolocation accuracy, and interoperability with other data, calibration, and convergence of exploitation tools (using one tool for multiple sensors and/or wavelengths).
• Analysis of methods to improve the contributions of electro-optical and radar data to emerging intelligence problems such as multi-INT intelligence fusion, activity-based intelligence, dim targets, fleeting targets, counter denial & deception, and other emerging applications of geospatial intelligence.
• Provide expertise in the physics of electro-optical and radar sensor design to support NGA’s evaluation of the performance of sensor capabilities (current and projected). Activities include support to initial checkout, sensor calibration,
performance analysis, image quality assessments, technical requirements analysis, band-to-band registration, ground truth analysis, signature development, and sensor comparisons.
• Provide expertise in the processing of data from electro-optical systems to improve image quality, geolocation accuracy, and interoperability with other data, calibration, and convergence of exploitation tools (using one tool for multiple sensors and/or wavelengths).
• Develop independent performance models and reports that include study of image quality, non-literal exploitability, radiometric calibration, geometric accuracy and calibration, general technology improvements, multi-segment/multi-band functionality, MTF analysis, capacity/volumetrics, and cost in support of sensor initialization, IOC, and FOC.
• Provide subject matter expertise in support of the proposed Multi-Temporal, Multi-Angle Automated Target Exploitation project.
• Provide subject matter expertise in support of SOC-B requirements development and validation.
• Provide independent, scientific assessments, analysis, and recommendations to senior IT Directorate leadership as directed.
-Must have current TS/SCI clearance and be able to pass a CI Polygraph after hire.
- Bachelors Degree with 20 years of experience or 25 plus years of experience (in lieu of a degree) with various aspects of modern photogrammetry and least squares adjustment (estimation) that provides accurate and reliable geopositioning.
- Demonstrated experience in research in photogrammetry, data adjustment, digital mapping, sensor modeling, and automated methods for feature extraction and analysis, registration and fusion.
- Demonstrated competence in the critical review of technical/scientific documents submitted as the initial step in validation for photogrammetry projects.
- Demonstrated experience with geopositioning tools with a standard interface to exploit imagery of all types and from all platforms.
- Experience in development in utilization of various sensor models, especially the Replacement Sensor Model (RSM), a technique that modernized the old Rational Polynomial Coefficients (RPC).
- Demonstrated experience working on Intelligence Community or Department of Defense offices and programs.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability