Job ID: 209111
Location: FAIRMONT, WV, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA Independent Verification and
Validation (IV&V) Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia.
SAIC supports NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical
software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and
space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will learn to work independently and as a member of a team in one or more of these IV&V
projects or other IV&V Program functional areas.
Roles and Responsibilities will include assignment in one or more aspects of the IV&V Program needs listed below,
working under supervision following established procedures:
- Models the behaviors of NASA space and ground systems software in UML and SysML
-Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure
the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge
- Performs IV&V analysis of system and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source
code, and the developer’s software integration, interface, formal verification and qualification, systems and software
integration, and certification test products.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition
studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements. Conducts software hazard analysis
and risk assessment.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety-critical and
mission-critical software systems to ensure the system will do what it is supposed to do, not do what it is not supposed to
do, and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- May lead small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development
project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor s degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other software-related engineering programs
-Able to read and understand software written in one or more of the following languages to verify correct, complete, and consistent implementation of software requirements and behaviors: C, C++
-Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Familiarity with systems engineering, software integration, and verification and validation.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions.
- Is a self-starter who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment
- Familiar with all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test)
- Familiar with software architecture
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability