We are seeking a motivated and customer oriented UI/UX Web Design Team Manager to join our team working from home to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
SAIC will be developing an as-server less-as-possible solution using React.js-based static end-user applications served through AWS S3 and made available to end users through the AWS Content Distribution Network (CDN), CloudFront. SAIC will deliver mission services supporting those applications with AWS Lambda functions and other AWS managed services such as databases, messaging, batch processing, and e-mail.
• Fluent in best practices for web-based information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and technique Proven experience as a UX Designer and UI
• Experience with JIRA and AWS cloud platforms
• Strong portfolio of design projects
• Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
• Experience developing and evolving design systems
• Lead the design of a cohesive look-and-feel and standardized user experience across the applications
• Lead collaborations between the creative strategy, UX, visual design, development team, and client to create effective design strategies
• Develop user-focused experiences and points of view that align with client's business objectives
• Collaborate with cross discipline team to create and execute experience style guides, interaction patterns, and information design standards
• Work closely the functional team to determine feasibility of requirements and collaborate on design ideas and improvements
• Ensure product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
• Experience building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Lead UX-related meetings and collaborate closely with Product Owner, Business Analysts, and Developers
SKILLS AND ABILITY
•Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing UI/UX design and development for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles
•Handle activities associated with software projects by working in close collaboration with business analysts, software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes
•Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
•Passion for managing and mentoring designers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors and 9 years of experience or equivalent
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability