We are seeking a motivated and customer oriented Product Lead App Developer to join our team working from home to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
SAIC will be developing an as-serverless-as-possible solution using React.js-based static end-user applications served through AWS S3 and made available to end users through the AWS Content Distribution Network (CDN), CloudFront. SAIC will deliver mission services supporting those applications with AWS Lambda functions and other AWS managed services such as databases, messaging, batch processing, and e-mail.
• Be part of a team of engineers building Cloud Custodian as a Service to enforce enterprise cloud compliance, security, and cost optimization policies
• Bring enthusiasm and experience utilizing and contributing back to Open Source technology environments
• Work with product owners and Cloud Governance to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Hands on experience with Python coding
• Hands on experience using AWS APIs (such as RESTful APIs)
• Hands on experience developing solutions on the AWS platform using services such as RDS, S3, IAM, Lambda, API Gateway
• Experienced in implementing Serverless Web Applications
• Experienced developing MicroServices
• Experienced building and supporting applications in the AWS Cloud
• Experienced in designing and developing integrated solution using the AWS services
• Solid experience with developing within agile frameworks
• Participates in stand-ups, design/requirements meetings, code reviews, and internal technology sessions
• Writes exhaustive unit tests
• Experienced in DevSecOps
• Mentors peers and other developers in Python/Django design and development techniques
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors and 9 years of experience or equivalent
AWS Certifications is a plus
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability