SAIC is seeking a Space and Satellite Network Engineer to join our team at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM. The ideal candidate will be working with SpRCO and its partners and stakeholders to understand and define ground interface, security and infrastructure integration requirements for end-to-end ground communications and solutions by defining, adapting and deploying ground software and communication systems required to operate the mission (pre-launch, post-launch).
The selected candidate will help SpRCO define the hardware, physical topologies, architectures and software control systems for these satellite control networks. He/She will work with hardware, software and customer organizations across the DoD and classified community, translating customer and operational requirements into actual technical solutions.
This position will work across the hardware and software teams on issues associated with designing, building and operating the next generation of DoD space ground. This role will apply domain knowledge of satellite system ground hardware, satellite control networks, space processing software, antennas, and space operations in order to provide capability to the USSF in rapid timelines.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Basic understanding of satellite communications, networks, and protocols.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital signal processing, antennas, and automated ground system development and operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices for network and system management.
- Demonstrated understanding of classified environments, both locally and in the cloud.
- Experience DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) & implementation of systems to comply with RMF.
- Able to learn new technology quickly, become the expert, solve the problem and teach others.
- Knowledge of satellite phased shift keying (PSK) protocols such as 2-PSK, QPSK, 8-PSK, as well as amplitude and phase-shift keying or asymmetric phase-shift keying (APSK) to increase the symbol-set to 32 and 64 bits.
- Knowledge in FPGAs, GPUs, ASICs, optics and router system design.
- Knowledge of Open Mission Systems and Universal Command and Control Interfaces (OMS/UCI)
- Candidate must be cross disciplinary and accustomed to working across different organizations
- A strong understanding of Software Development, Linux, Digital Signal Processing, Satellite Ground System and Networking Technologies.
- Solid grounding in ground processing, networks and RF spectrum to include:
- Automatic gain control
- Frequency shifting
- Sampling and analog-to-digital conversion (ADC)
- Equalization filtering
- Understanding of I and Q signals and allowed symbol values
- Mapping of quantized amplitudes, frequencies or phases to codewords
- Parallel-to-serial conversion of codewords into a bit stream
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- The ideal candidate will have past experience working in the DoD or defense/intelligence arenas as a systems or software development engineer with networks, satellite systems, and satellite ground systems. Experience integrating with existing Space Force ground assets to include Enterprise Ground System (EGS), Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) and classified systems throughout the community. Also experience with both up & downlink encryption/decryption.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with SAP experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability