SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Engineer SME to join our team in Albuquerque, NM. The customer we are supporting is the USAF’s premier space acquisition agency providing cost-effective, long-term, critical capabilities to support the war-fighting mission of the combatant commanders. In order to meet current and projected workload requirements, this program will augment its organic (military and civil service) capabilities with a selective group of Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) personnel who are recognized as superior performers.
This SME will provide Space-centric operational and technical services throughout the acquisition life-cycle. The objective is to provide specialized expertise to complement the organization’s inherent resources for effective and efficient mission accomplishment and continuity, introduction of innovation, and enhancement of technical competence. The team shall support the entire spectrum of acquisition efforts as necessary to support the customer.
- Provide system subsystem integration technical expertise to emerging USAF Space-related mission areas.
- Apply analytic techniques to assess emerging new developments and technology investments.
- Design, develop, integrate, test, and sustain subsystems and software.
- Develop and integrate satellite subsystems on dedicated satellites or hosted payloads.
- And attend required meetings, conferences, reviews, and briefings to manage all personnel to government expectations·
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science Degree in engineering or related technology required
- Minimum of 10+ years satellite subsystems engineering knowledge and experience on ACAT I or equivalent satellite development programs
- Knowledge and experience with the design, development, integration, test, and sustainment of satellite and ground subsystems equipment
- Knowledge and experience with the Space Control (offensive or defensive) and/or Space Situational Awareness (SBSS, etc.) missions
- Experience in rapid capabilities: Full life cycle acquisition-concept to transition to ops—for rapid acquisition program
- ISO/IEC 15288 system engineering process experience
- Past experience in the Space Control (offensive or defensive) and/or Space Situational Awareness (SBSS, etc.) missions
- Past RCO and acquisition experience highly desirable
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance, with a minimum of five years of SAP experience, to be considered for this position
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.