About the SAIC MSI Program
SAIC has been awarded a $165
million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multi-sourcing
service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative
approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with
modernizing the state’s technology infrastructure. SAIC will coordinate and
monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive
branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify
the state’s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure
cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the
commonwealth’s service delivery platform.
- Provide information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) Service
Availability Management of multiple service providers
- Responsible for services delivered on Availability Management
assurance and analysis to develop, maintain Availability Plans, which
prioritizes, and strategizes IT availability for infrastructure services.
- Determine availability requirements of business areas for existing,
new, and enhanced IT computing services.
- Establish baseline measures, key performance indicators (KPIs), and
reporting for service availability that reflects business, user, and IT
support organization requirements.
- Assess availability of IT infrastructure components, determine impact
on services provided to the business, and decide if level of availability
is sustainable. If not, recommend the appropriate cost-effective
design changes needed to satisfy Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Work to optimize availability of IT infrastructure, systems, and
services to meet commitments to clients related to availability target
levels in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide a holistic view of client's environment making recommendations
to improve overall service availability.
- Participate in Change Management process to assess changes and
communicate any risks from an availability perspective.
- Participate in post-incident and problem reviews to assess impact on
- Conduct availability risk assessment for existing services.
- Gather availability data, perform analysis, generate reports, and
communications as necessary.
- Monitor, analyze, and proactively address availability issues
- Investigate and make recommendations to improve service availability
- Bachelor Degree in related discipline and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; May consider a high school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidates who have completed ITIL v3 2011 Foundation or above are
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, diagnosis, creative
problem-solving, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with service level monitoring and reporting tools
- Working knowledge of organizational project management disciplines, tools,
This position requires SAIC's customer
approval of your qualifications to support the Virginia Information Technology
Agency (VITA) - (MSI) Support Services Contract which includes successful
completion of the VITA Enterprise Background Check, comprised of a
Virginia State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigations fingerprint
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability