Job ID: 209106
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Test Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Test Engineer - Senior
SAIC is seeking a Senior Test Engineer to support a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
· Develops and executes or oversees the test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
· Develops systems integration and test plans and
· Conduct system integration tasks and environmental tests
· Develop and executes test procedures and test cases and perform integration of system components
· Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
· Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
· Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Creates test metrics and reporting. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
· Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
· Work closely with Test Manager in supporting Test management best practices and to meet all applicable project milestones
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong familiarity with test practices, automation, and Agile processes
· Experience in one or more Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban
· Hands on experience with testing databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc)
· Experience in developing automated API tests using SOAP UI, POSTMAN
· Experience in developing automated UI tests using TestComplete, and Selenium
· Experience testing on Windows and Linux platforms, and in AWS cloud environments.
· Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
· Current or prior Public Trust or other clearance preferable
Location: Alexandria, VA and possible remote
Clearance: Able to obtain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability