SAIC is looking for a Software Tester to provide testing support as a member of an integrated project development and
testing Team. He/she will be working with other Developers and Testers to test custom developed software as required.
The Tester will be responsible for providing input to project release plans that cover project inception through delivery
and on-going operational maintenance. They will be expected to analyze and solve complex testing related problems; review other developers and
tester’s work products for correctness, adherence to the project design concept and user standards.
The Tester will play a key role for a highly secured system for a government agency. To be successful in this role,
the Tester should be self-motivated and passionate about solving technical problems. The system facilitates high value financial transactions over the Internet. With this in mind, experience with
payment systems, trading systems or other highly secure transactional systems would be highly valuable.
Successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing complex requirements and design documents to develop detailed step by step manual test cases
- Executing manual test cases; documenting actual results during execution; reviewing the test results and reporting anomalies (if any) into the defect tracking database
- Developing new automation scripts and updating existing scripts to meet the newly added functionalities
- Executing automated test scripts; reporting execution results and identifying unsuccessful execution (if any)
- Executing Load/Performance testing by running the load test scripts and generating the load test execution results reports
- Tracking the defects from creation to closure; documenting detail description of defect and working with developers to reproduce
- Deploying software to test environments and monitoring server logs during testing and identify errors and/or unexpected log entries
- Participating and/or facilitating the test case peer review meetings and providing feedback making sure that developed test cases meet the client requirements and test conditions verifies the requested functionality
- Assisting test lead with release test plan, generating RTM, maintaining regression test database, and creating test reports at the end of each testing phase
- Assisting the test lead on performing an internal quality assurance check on all deliverables to ensure that all deliverables are complete, accurate, and adhere to the client’s standards
- Providing assistance to business analyst with business/functional requirements and developers with technical requirements
- BS degree in IT related field (4 years experience in lieu of degree)
- 5 years total IT experience
- 3+ years of experience as software test engineer
- Must be a US Citizen
- Strong knowledge of Software Testing Lifecycle/Testing Methodologies
- Ability to analyze complex requirements and design documents to create detailed test cases and scripts
- Expertise in executing test cases and documenting actual results, identifying software defects and creating test reports
- Experience in Quality Center or similar test management tools
- Experience in Unified Functional Testing tool or similar automation scripting tools
- Basic Knowledge of Structured Query Language
- Experience with configuration management and version control tools such as Atlassian suite, JIRA and/or Subversion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work productively in a dynamic, priority shifting, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and business analysis skills.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability