Job ID: 209002
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC will be working with AMCOM to develop predictive and descriptive models and dashboards to support decisions in supply chain management, such as demand forecasting and inventory planning. The goal is to leverage AMCOM’s data to derive insights that can improve their efficiency in supplying parts to their customers. The project will start with a focus on the supply chain for Apache Helicopter parts, formulating and proving the methodology to later expand to other systems.
The core components to be developed for the project include: predictive models, dashboards for visualizing results and other data analysis, and back-end software and hosting to support the data pipeline.
The Data Scientist will be a major player in driving the success of this program, which will have great strategic impact for SAIC. He or she will have substantial interaction with the lead data scientist and customer, working with AMCOM, under supervision of the lead data scientist, to determine how best to approach their problems with data science and AI, and consistently communicating technical progress and results. He/She will significantly contribute to the technical effort with the SAIC team, developing predictive models and analysis and collaborating with other data scientists to create visualizations and reports.
· Contributing to the team throughout development of the technical solution, from planning to execution.
· Consults and collaborates with the lead data scientist and customer to ensure that analysis and models address the right questions, shaping the technical vision to satisfy customer needs.
· Develops, tests, and refines predictive models with supply chain data (Ex: demand forecasting, inventory planning).
· Explores and assesses datasets and determines what models, algorithms, and analyses will be most impactful for the customer’s mission, and collaborates with other data scientists to develop them.
· Works with the other data scientists/analysts to develop visualizations, dashboards, and analytic reporting.
· Ability to develop and implement data science solutions from start to finish, through planning and execution.
· Extensive experience developing data science algorithms and advanced models, including supervised and unsupervised machine learning, time series forecasting, and statistical analysis.
· Experience creating meaningful visualizations for analytic results.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both customers and internal team members, including people with varying levels of data science knowledge.
· Experience with common data science tools for algorithm development and visualization: Python, R, SQL, Tableau/PowerBI
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability