We are currently seeking a motivated and customer oriented Splunk Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Duties Include the following:
- Provide Splunk Administration for day-to-day Splunk support for the contract within operations.
- High-level user managing and using Splunk to assist the specific contract and customer requests.
- Day-to-day activities using Splunk data to provide our customers with operational insight through the use of dashboards; additionally, the successful candidate will also be required to resolve problems and outages.
- Position may sometimes require non-standard hours based on circumstances within the customer environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's in Science degree and 9 years overall experience relevant to this position or equivalent.
One of the following Certifications Required:
Splunk Core Certified Power User
Splunk Enterprise Certified Administrator
DoD 8140 cyber certification at LAT Level III (CASP + CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
Active DoD issued Top Secret security clearance
- Provide onsite support to unclassified and classified environments.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects.
- Strong communication skills written, verbal, and presentation.
- Excellent problem solving skills, multitasking skills, troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and service management concepts and techniques.
- Experience in installing/configuring software and hardware.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a background in developing and implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge of Search Processing Language (SPL), PowerShell, Linux, Regex, Microsoft Server.
- Splunk Knowledge to ingest data, use the Splunk database, heavy forwarders, file monitoring, and conf files to properly ingest new data.
- Ability to develop a complete disaster recovery and system backup plan and production/maintenance of all system documentation.
- Knowledge and ability to use Tanium to search data and patch endpoints. - Experience with other monitoring tools and ability to ingest them into a Splunk dashboard
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability