SAIC is currently looking to hire a Data Center- Cloud Network Engineer to our NASA NICS team in Huntsville, AL.
This candidate will be part of a Network Engineering team responsible for the integration of NASA’s Data Center Networks with NASA’s Software Defined LANs as well as the implementation of Cloud-based network services.
This cutting-edge work will take place during an amazing period in NASA’s history. This network supports NASA’s Artemis Program (which will return Americans to the moon) and the Mars Exploration Program among many others.
- Data Center Network design and implementation
- Leveraging Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to improve security and automation within NASA’s on-premise datacenters with ACI Anywhere extensions into cloud service provider environments (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Planning, designing, and implementing the integration of segmentation technologies between the LAN, on-prem data center and cloud environments
- Detailed design and implementation of Cloud-based IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions which would include transit gateways, cloud service routers and other cloud network construct.
Required Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in related field with 5 years of related experience or High School Diploma and 10 years of related experience.
- 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience designing and implementing Data Center Network
- Experience with Cisco ISE and Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA) (TrustSec)
- CCNP/CCIE Certification
- Experience with ACI and Data Center networking design
- Experience with load-balancing tools and techniques
- Experience with Ansible, Python, Kubernetes, Linux, VMware/vCenter
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability