SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet
Engineer (with an active TS/SCI clearance) in San Diego, CA.
This role will support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA). TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime (CENTRIXS-M), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information Networks (SCI-N), Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC-PAC) PMW160 Programs of Record (POR) systems.
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix support to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Provide system life cycle engineering support for customers at NAVWAR and NIWC-PAC (San Diego, CA) and/or NIWC-LANT (Virginia Beach, VA).
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements.
- Provide occasional off-hours support.
- Perform system installations, configuration management enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed in support of Naval Warfighters.
- Analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend permanent configuration changes.
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide network component break-fix to include, but not limited to, servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, desktops, firewalls, server/switch chassis, etc.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and capabilities.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 2 years or more years of experience OR 5 years of related experience with a HS/GED. 6 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Current Security+ certification.
- The ability to obtain CCNA or MCSA certifications within six (6) months of hire date.
- The ability to obtain both CCNA and MCSA certifications within one (1) year of hire date.
- Able to travel up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS travel on US Navy Ships and/or locations.
- Experience with TACNET Programs of Record Systems: ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS or WRBS.
- Engineering experience with Cisco switches and routers OR administration experience of Windows Sever.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability