SAIC is seeking personnel to support a contingent opportunity with The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Data Archive (NDA) program in North Bethesda, MD. The NDA’s mission is to harmonize research data from hundreds of research projects by using a common data definition, deep data federation techniques to query data held by others, and by managing a de-identified research subject identification system. Upon award, SAIC will provide project management, operations and database support, software engineering, managing a help desk, infrastructure support to the research community who are trying to deposit or access data, scientific support to program staff and other federal employees, and quality assurance checks on the data provided. This position is contingent upon award.
The Software Development Manager will support our health analytics and health informatics teams in designing, developing, and operating a large-scale state-of-the-art cloud-based scientific data management platform.
SW Development Manager duties include:
• Managing the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) in a medical/scientific environment, including defining requirements and designs; development, testing, and integration; and operations and maintenance;
• Leading the implementation and adoption of modern Agile and DevOps processes to drive quality and efficiency throughout the SDLC;
• Coordinating complex technical projects around the collection, management, curation, and controlled dissemination of large volumes of medical and scientific data in a variety of formats, including structured and unstructured data and multimedia;
• Ensuring that appropriate controls are implemented to protect the confidentiality of data subject to privacy regulations;
• Managing schedules and resources; creating standard operating procedures to establish consistent practices;
• Overseeing the activities of cross-functional Agile teams and individual technical subject matter experts (SMEs);
• Implementing and operating modern continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation;
• Collecting, reporting, and applying continuous measures of delivery velocity and quality toward continual process improvements; and
• Communicating regularly with stakeholders on technical issues and recommendations.
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline and 6 years of experience managing enterprise Java software and solutions.
• Strong technical knowledge of modern software application development tools and methodologies.
• Experience managing software development projects using CI/CD pipeline automation and Agile methodologies.
• Experience coordinating work across multiple teams and requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• Experience in medical / scientific / clinical computing environment.
• Experience working with big data, supporting analytics and statistical analyses.
• Experience developing and delivering solutions on large-scale public cloud infrastructures.
• Experience with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) framework.
• Experience with federal and HHS regulations regarding human subject research data including the Privacy Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), etc.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability