Ready to make a difference? Looking for a challenging opportunity with a globally recognized organization?
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Remote IT Project Manager to join our team working from home to begin an exciting and challenging career.
This is a Work at Home Opportunity !
- Develops, defines and executes various IT system project plans; documents, schedules, budgets and provides deliverables on engagements, projects and/or sub-projects.
- Identifies required resources for projects, while defining and assigning major project roles.
- Monitors the on-boarding activities for products/programs/projects/services from initiation through delivery, interfacing with external customers or field-based employees on technical matters, as needed.
- Guides the projects through the ITIL life cycle of Strategy and Scoping, Design, Transition, and Operations.
- Directs and manages work of project/program management staff, providing leadership, technical support and direction.
- Closes projects documenting all lessons learned and updating all organizational process assets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Brings together cross-functional team members and fosters a collaborative approach to delivery.
- Builds and maintains high team morale; positively cascades all organizational communications.
- Collaborates with other managers on resourcing to avoid conflicts with other projects.
- Manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated and reflective of approved changes as defined in the change management process.
- Assesses the impact of changes on people, processes and technology adapting to ensure these areas support the change.
- Identifies and documents risks, assumptions, and constraints and assesses their impact to the project.
- Manages risks to mitigate impacts to all aspects of the project through contingency planning.
- Measures project performance to monitor progress, identifying variances, and performing corrective actions to adhere to project designs, schedule, and cost.
- Handles multiple priorities by effectively prioritizing based on importance and impact.
- Effectively communicates between project teams, project management and program management; provides status updates and reports to key stakeholders.
- Three years of experience desired in managing medium complexity projects, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skills required include: excellent people skills, ability to train and develop staff, and ability to work in a time-sensitive and fluid environment.
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter who is comfortable working independently with limited guidance and direction; capable of taking the initiative in uncertain situation to bring the project to its successful completion.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are vital
- Able to provide excellent customer experience driving high client and customer satisfaction
- Army Staff Officer or Senior NCO, experience at the Brigade level or higher is a plus.
- ITILv3 Foundations or higher, PMP certifications is a plus.
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Must have an interim Secret security clearance and / or with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability