SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Innovation and Prototyping Directorate, Innovation and Prototype Operations Division (DCIO) through the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) contract. SAIC will work with SMC to modernize satellite ground systems for United States Space Force (USSF) operations, research and development and demonstration missions. to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Key responsibilities are:
- Performs studies and analyses to evaluate alternatives affecting cost, risk, system supportability and full life cycle issues (concept, design, test, installation, operations, maintenance, and decommission.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & Ops performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Computer Science and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must be open to work across three shifts (Days, Swings, and Midnight) 24x7x365
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
- Contribute to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability