SAIC is seeking a Principal Data Scientist in Charleston, SC to support SAIC’s health analytics/health informatics technologies team and build/implement breakthrough solutions that help improve healthcare delivery for millions of active, reserve and retired military and their beneficiaries worldwide. We’re seeking individuals who know and understand healthcare delivery, advanced health data analytics, healthcare electronic records end to end. We need experienced healthcare focused professionals who know and understand the importance of improving electronic healthcare records and healthcare records management.
The Principal Data Scientist responsibilities can include:
- Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight.
- Works directly with Big Data Engineer and Health Business Analyst in DevOps teams to ensure adherence to data requirements and Big Data Engineering goals within Cloud Data Lake in AWS.
- Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results.
- Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
- Implements new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence.
- Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Advanced coursework in machine learning and programming.
- Experience using data visualization tools.
- Experience with data querying languages, and statistical or mathematical software.
- Proficient in writing algorithms, and knowing when to apply them.
- Excellent understanding of statistics and how to apply and interpret them.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Prior experience working in the healthcare industry and familiarity with health terminology.
- Understanding of HIPPAA Rules and Regulations.
- Experience in Health Systems Data such as Electronic Health Records (EHR) or Military Health (MHS) systems.
- Previous experience with any of the following systems is highly preferred:
- Composite Health Care System – CHCS
- Surgical Scheduling System - S3
- Anesthesia Reporting Monitoring Device - ARMD
- Armed Forces health Longitudinal Technology Application -AHLTA/Clinical Data Repository - CDR
- Senior Data Scientist or Principle Data Scientist Certification or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability