SAIC is positioning to support the U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement customer within Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO). SAIC will provide Data Management Operational Analytics. This position is contingent pending award of the contract.
The Senior Data Scientist conducts research and prepares management, organizational and business analyses and forecasts. Senior Data Scientist is responsible for larger, more complex or technically advanced projects, and may be responsible for tasks among multiple projects. Senior Data Scientist should have expertise and/or experience in implementing deep learning or artificial intelligence (AI) projects in a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment; and will be experienced in working with federal government categorical data from flat files, data warehouses, and external/academic sources, and should demonstrate experience as a data scientist and/or machine learning engineer. Senior Data Scientist may be responsible for leading less experienced analysts.
Telework may be permitted with customer approval but is not guaranteed.
Requirements: The Senior Data Scientist shall have at least a Master’s degree in data science, statistical analysis, machine learning, or related fields; and seven (7) years relevant experience in research, organizational and business analyses, predictive analysis, and deep learning development with preference for experience running big data projects for the federal government; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college level mathematics or statistics. Education may be a substitute for years of experience.
• Demonstrate applying appropriate methods in order to mathematically formulate and examine statistical associations between variables within a data set using R or Python
• Conceptualize, plan, design, and develop deep learning/artificial intelligence algorithms for multi-objective optimization and decision-making tools focused on solving resource allocation/prioritization problems.
• Experience implementing the following libraries in R: h2o, Keras and mlr; and/or the following libraries in Python: TensorFlow, PyTorch and mpi4py.
• Experience implementing the Data Analysis Epicycle and skilled in performing multiple correspondence analysis (MCA), principal component analysis (PCA), and association rule mining.
• Ability to develop algorithms in a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment using custom multi-core desktop computers and Microsoft MPI
• Produce executive level summary reports/briefings of algorithm results using RMarkdown or Jupyter Notebook.
• Utilize MS Access to perform queries and analyses
• Utilize MS Excel to perform analyses to produce reports
• Utilize MS PowerPoint to produce reports
• Utilize MS Word to produce reports
• Utilize R (COT statistical analysis program) to perform analyses
A Public Trust clearance is required. Must be able to obtain DHS EOD.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability