Job ID: 208448
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: Senior-level Action Officer (AO) position in OUSD(A&S/CISO) (Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment) in the Mark Center. Provides management and oversight of major weapons systems Cyber vulnerability assessments and mitigation strategies. Assists in the development of concepts and operational plans and concepts for integration of legacy and future systems with minimal interruption to ongoing operations. Performs senior leader engagement regarding Service-specific Operational Risks, and Joint Operational and Mission Risks of identified cyber vulnerabilities. Provides cyber and weapons systems technical expertise for early identification of combatant command & Service-level cyber mission threats. Facilitates mitigation priorities based upon findings. Manages the Cyber Council of Colonels and supports A&S Chartered IPTs, architectural studies, Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs) Analysis of Alternatives (AOAs), resource inputs and acquisition planning processes. Supports DoD civilians and military officers in the OUSD(A&S/CISO) office.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree and 14 years experience or Master’s and 12 years (preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience with DoD information and cybersecurity policies, programs, and procedures and knowledge of DoD cyber governance requirements.
- Experience with Cyber vulnerability assessments and mitigation strategies.
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) policy and its application.
- Experience with DoD CONOPS and Operational planning.
- Possess working knowledge of DoD policies, directives and instructions and technical guidance.
- Must be able to write at a level to support rapid creation of OUSD(A&S) or higher memoranda, directives and instructions.
- Experience with STRATCOM mission and organizational structure.
- Working knowledge of NC3 and BMD architecture.
- Experience with Service and Joint Command and Control (C2) systems experience highly desirable.
- Experience with the requirements process, DoD POM development, planning, programming, budgeting, execution (PPBE) cycle, and DoD acquisition processes. DAU Requirements Management Certification a plus).
- Experience with DoD requirements (i.e. JCIDS) and/or policy coordination and comment resolution, adjudication processes.
- Pentagon staff experience (OSD, Joint Staff, or Service HQ level) or major joint headquarters staff and experience working with GO/FO level military officers and civilian counterparts is a plus.
- Ability to prepare presentations and brief senior government civilians, military officers, and DoD contractors.
- Understanding of MDA mission and organizational structure.
- General understanding of Electronic Warfare (EW) (TTPs) to include Electronic attack (EA), Electronic protection (EP), and Electronic Warfare Support (ES).
- Experience planning and execution of military exercises a plus.
- Familiarity with data architecture and systems development.
- Ability to form and lead a task organized team in order to accomplish specified task or objective.- Background in STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology and Math) a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability