We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented UI/UX Developer interested in joining our team in Sterling, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
• Employ participatory design, creative brainstorming and other techniques to collaborate with software developers, systems engineers and other product team members as part of an agile software development team
• Ensure applications are meeting the customers IT Accessibility Standards
• Map workflows, user paths, create storyboards, wireframes, mockups, low and high fidelity prototypes and write UI specifications to support development across multiple applications and platforms
• Design graphic, icons and other visual elements as necessary
• Evaluate designs using user-centric design techniques such as UI reviews and cognitive walk-throughs
• Maintain an awareness of current trends in technology design and usability, and share this information across multiple teams
• Participate in working groups and/or meetings with application stakeholders to discuss user requirements and/or present wireframes and mockups
• BS plus 8 years of experience or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in UI/UX design, UX strategy, and usability research and testing
• Experience delivering products that work across a range of browsers and platforms
• Experience using modern CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap to deliver responsive, mobile aware products
• Understanding of 508 Accessibility standards. Experience delivering and meeting them preferred.
• Excellent understanding of the life cycle process of website development (discovery, planning, design, requirements, coding, testing, and user testing and evaluation)
• Experience with web design using (Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium, Sublime Text, Atom, etc…)
• Excellent communication and writing skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
• Experience with Lean, Agile, DevOps tools such as Atlassian Confluence, JIRA
Minimum Clearance Required – Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability