We are currently seeking motivated and customer oriented associates to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Supervision Received: Limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments. IMPACT: Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of customer business, material, or equipment to resolve. LIASON: Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be a sensitive nature.
• Resolve problems for clients via telephone, email, chat, and web sessions
• Collect information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff (service resources) if needed
• Deliver consistently high levels of customer service 24/7/365 days a week (multiple shifts).
• Conduct timely triage and escalation in accordance with SLA requirements
• Address and resolve basic incidents and requests; log all incidents and requests; engage other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of your ability or responsibility
• Accurately document interactions, incidents, requests, and problems
• Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude
• Ensure the end-to-end customer experience and provide a single point-of-contact for the customer
• Analyze and resolve incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware
• Support multiple clients through customer service professionalism and insight
• Document resolutions and update self-help and knowledge bases
• Grow general knowledge of specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact
• Adhere to and support standards, policies, and procedures
• Provide clients with problem reference numbers and request numbers
• Enter all troubleshooting/resolution steps into the trouble ticket
• Understanding of SLA requirements for the client
• Assist in cross training and communicate quick fixes
• Working knowledge of data and voice network concepts
Education: AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience.
Clearance: Must currently possess an active Interim TS or Top Secret to start.
Certification: Must currently possess an active CompTIA Security+ certification to start.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability