Job ID: 208302
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Database Developer – Intermediate
SAIC is seeking a database developer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
· Database Developer will play a crucial role in designing the data model by following the best practices and industry standards, making use of the standard tools and technique, adopting frameworks and services needed by current and forward-looking features.
· Responsible for interacting with the business and Data Architects and collecting the requirements for data model for the target system and from the current system.
· Database engineer will be responsible for translating business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
· Responsible for building optimal databases to store data coming from legacy systems, and provide bi-directional dataflow.
· Should have minimum of 9 years of experience with BA/BS degree.
· Past experience in translating business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
· Experience in creating entity relationship diagrams and multi-dimensional data models, reports and diagrams.
· In-depth understanding of Normalization techniques and Data Modeling principles
· Experience with one of the Data Modelling Tools: Erwin / Oracle Developer / ER Studio
· Experience in working with database migration project.
· Experience with OLTP & OLAP Modelling
· Knowledge of Star-Schema Modelling, Snowflake Schema Modelling, Fact and Dimension tables.
· Should have generated data definition language (DDL) used to create the database schema
· Enforce standards and best practices around data modelling.
· Should have excellent problem solving and time management skills.
· Should have good communication skills to interact with business and data architects for data model management and version control
· DBA experience with ability to work with development teams on DB architecture and design
· Experience in writing code using Oracle's PL/SQL language.
· Solid knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c/18c and technical database concepts, such as: logical relational data modeling, physical data modeling,
· Experience in tuning large instances, data replication and backup/recovery techniques
· Familiar with other databases such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB
· Experience building web applications using Java/JEE or .NET based Frameworks.
· Familiar with AWS RDS services and implementation.
· Solid knowledge in ETL process and tools (Tableau, ODI, Informatica) to perform data mapping, migrate databases.
· Oracle 12C or above certification
· Data Modeling/Architect certification
· ETL Advanced Training is a plus
· AWS Developer/DevOps/Solutions architect Certifications level - Associate or Professional
· Experience administering Oracle database on AWS - RDS environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability