Job ID: 208272
Location: KANSAS CITY, MO, United States
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2020
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Cyber Security Analyst Duties: This role will conduct assessment and authorization (A&A) activities following the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) on behalf of a federal civilian agency as a contractor.
· Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions
· Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level
· Assists in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-37), and makes recommendations on process tailoring
· Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards
· Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports
· Periodically conducts a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed
· May support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting
· May provide briefings to senior staff
· Familiarity with NIST SP 800-53 or similar information security assessment methodology is a plus
· Familiarity with the Cyber Security Assessment Management (CSAM) system is also a plus.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science or related field.
Certifications: One or more of the following certifications preferred (Security+, CAP, CISA, CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GCIH, or GSLC)
· Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
· Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives
· Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
· Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules
· Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s)
Years of Experience: 5 years.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability