SAIC is seeking a Sr. Environmental Engineer to support the Chief of Naval Operations Environmental Readiness Division/OPNAV N45 by providing corporate management support that includes preparing strategic plans, functional manuals, and assisting N45 Subject Matter Experts with monitoring programs, people, events, and activities that could affect Navy environmental programs and provide recommendations to improve N45’s management oversight activities.
This job is located in Arlington, VA, but temporarily work from home due to COVID-19. Once CDC restrictions are lifted, candidate will be expected to perform work on-site.
- Provide on-site support for the Chief of Naval Operations Environmental Readiness Division (Environmental Readiness)/OPNAV N45 efforts relative to the continued evaluation and completion of the Programming Review cycle in support of the current Program Objective Memorandum (POM)
- Assist in the update and continued use of the OPNAV N45 Environmental Assessment by preparing charts, exhibits, and reports pertaining to resource data used for program, project, and other management analyses and reviews
- Support funding analysis by running queries and summary reports of financial and requirement data in Program Budget Information System (PBIS) and EPRWeb
- Support global database changes and archive data history files upon completion of each budget cycle
- Design queries and reports for specialized sorts of data export in Excel
- Provide support to review, analyze, draft recommendations, provide rationale for recommendations
- Provide planning and support for Environmental program data calls and metrics reporting to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Congress, including performance reporting for Defense Environmental Programs Annual Report to Congress (DEPARC), Environmental Management Review (EMR), and the Sustainability Report and Implementation Plan (SRIP)
- Support will include Navy data call coordination and development of spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, database entry, updates, and maintenance, and database report generation
- This will require access and use of Knowledge-Based Corporate Reporting System (KBCRS) and EPRWeb
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND
- Must have obtained a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university and nine (9) years or more experience;
Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or
- Must possess an Active DoD Secret security clearance to begin
- Progressive experience
in Naval Engineering, Environmental Engineering and/or general engineering (preferred)
This position is work from home/remote/virtual temporarily due to COVID-19, but must be local to Arlington, VA.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability