Job ID: 208125
Location: NORTH CHARLESTON, SC, United States
Date Posted: Jun 15, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Principal Database Engineer in Charleston, SC to support SAIC’s health analytics/health informatics technologies team and build/implement breakthrough solutions that help improve healthcare delivery for millions of active, reserve and retired military and their beneficiaries worldwide. We’re seeking individuals who know and understand healthcare delivery, advanced health data analytics, healthcare electronic records end to end. We need experienced healthcare focused professionals who know and understand the importance of improving electronic healthcare records and healthcare records management.
The Principal Database Engineer responsibilities can include:
Establishes database management systems,
standards, requirements, guidelines and
quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design and
architecture, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface
specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
· Determines the appropriate database given the data and analytics needs, whether file structures such as HDFS, relational databases including NewSQL, non-relational NoSQL databases including in-memory databases and PostgreSQL.
· Works with the Big Data Engineer to Establish the extraction of data from legacy data systems into the proposed solution to be able to transfer as required externally with other systems and or organizations (i.e., the VA, Cerner) and understands Data Governance for Normalizing, Cleansing and Standardizing the legacy data for retrieval and viewing purposes.
· Works with clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client’s entity relationship and flow of data.
· Develops the appropriate database framework to convert the logical model into a physical model including the creation and maintenance of schemas containing windows, screens, tables and columns and reports that support the model
· Makes recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and vendor software updates, enforce data governance and ensure recovery is maintained.
· Manages day-to-day tasks and activities in coordination with DevOps Teams, Big Data Engineers and Health Data Scientists to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of the data solution component within the project.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability