Job ID: 207841
Location: KANSAS CITY, MO, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
The Software Development Manager will lead the team responsible for analysis, design, development, and deployment of customized and COTS software tools. The position will ensure compliance of developed applications meet the technical architecture and services framework. Moreover the individual will lead a team of software professionals to organize and manage the portfolio of tactical and strategic software development tasks and ensure synchronization of software development activities across all development efforts.
Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Establishes organizational goals and objectives. Manages the activities of a department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods used in conducting work, and employees. Performs full range of managerial duties for employees supervised including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling, and employee development. Is responsible for maintaining good customer relations to explain technical tradeoffs. Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer managers.
· Manages multiple integrated, agile development teams and foster DevSecOps practices to ensure application integration in the enterprise.
· Perform resource and capacity management in collaboration with PMO and customer prioritization.
· Provide guidance, direction, and coaching for team members to ensure high-quality delivery of technical solutions.
· Build strong relationships with client partners, business stakeholders, managing expectations, and communicating status on project deliverables and solutions.
· Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture on technical approaches.
· Actively participate in recruiting, training, and development of individuals and teams.
· Customer relationship management
· Attention to detail and follow through
· Motivating high-quality, best practices consistently across application development organization.
· Delivering Results
· Executing on plan
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability