SAIC is seeking a Military Health Associate to provide staff support
to Action Officers/Chairs of MHS Clinical Communities, work groups, and a
variety of military healthcare projects for the Defense Health Agency (DHA). This
is a junior to mid-level position. Responsibilities include:
- Meeting management;
- Drafting briefs, correspondence, talking points, testimony,
and papers in response to senior leadership direction, information requests,
reports to Congress, GAO audits, etc.;
- Implementing evidence-based clinical pathways, and
optimization of medical specialty lines; and
- Providing consultation and thought leadership to senior DoD
clients using healthcare industry expertise to facilitate healthcare change
management solutions and execution of strategic goals, taskers, and inter/intra
departmental initiatives related to medical specialty care and
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in a related field and 6+ years of experience. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a Minimum of three years of relevant experience in military
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience in a professional work
- Meet security requirements for obtaining a Common Access Card
- Ability to work with clients and program management team on
development of military health practices, policies, guidelines, and standards
aimed towards maximizing quality, safety, outcomes, access, and cost
effectiveness of military healthcare.
- Monitor and direct day-to-day operations of the assigned
tasks to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that contract
and client goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are
being accomplished effectively and efficiently.
discussions with subject matter experts, focus groups, and work groups to
facilitate military health governance activities and reporting.
- An active project management certification (e.g., PMP) is
- Experience with any of the following:
- DoD or operational military
- Specialty care medicine
(e.g., cardiovascular, surgery, pediatrics)
- Hands on experience with MHS medicine, business processes,
fiscal controls, policies, operational procedures, and strategic plans.
- Self-direction and exceptional interpersonal skills in order
to effectively communicate with all levels of management, staff, and external
- Excellent analytic, writing, problem solving, and communication
skills are essential
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.