SAIC is seeking to hire a Theater Logistics Support Facility Manager (CENTCOM) in Kuwait.
Operations, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications in Southwest Asia and Central Asia (OMDAC SWACA).
- Performs life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Develops capability and facility build-out plans and assessments. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes. Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans. Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management.
- Responsible to the Program Manager to perform as the leader of the logistics engineering and sustainment technical team.
- Directs system fault analysis, lifecycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) in support of multiple Task Orders and CLINs in multiple locations within CONUS; ensures the execution and continuous improvement of integrated logistics processes, acquisition logistics trade studies, product support, and team supervision and oversight.
- This is an important position in a high profile and technically challenging program which establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates in a geographically dispersed environment. Candidates will execute the following USAF and DoD regulations and policies in addition to those posed at a later date by PM: AFI 63-101/20-101 Integrated Life Cycle Management, DoDI 4151.19, Serialized Item Management (SIM) for Life Cycle Management of Materiel, DoDI 4151.20, Depot Maintenance Core Capabilities Determination Process, DoDI 4151.22, Condition Based Maintenance Plus (CBM+) for Materiel Maintenance, DoDI 8320.04, Item Unique Identification (IUID) Standards for Tangible Personal Property, DoD Directive 5000.01 and DoD Instruction 5000.02.
- Conducts senior management reviews objectives to determine success of sustainment operations, test results, technical data recording, and operational readiness rates.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units. Responsible for drafting, seeking approval for, and executing Life Cycle Sustainment Plans.
- Directs Inventory Management and Asset Management activities over 100% of the Government Furnished Equipment, Government Furnished Material, Government Furnished Information, Contractor Acquired Property, and Contractor Owned Property. Ultimately responsible for the proper accountability of such property in accordance with DoD, Air Force, and Contractor policies.
- Interprets company-wide policies and procedures and may be involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Directs teams for the proper analysis, development, evolution, implementation, documentation, and lifecycle support of the overall system analysis by working with other team members to ensure completeness and robustness of the entire system.
- Develops, staff and lead logistics engineering teams for program execution. Functional areas include Sustaining Engineering, Maintenance Planning and Management, Supply Support, PHS&T, Technical Data, and Facilities Management
- Provides technical and team leadership to systematically design, develop, prototype, test and deploy a major system and capability to an important customer.
- Works with the Lead Systems Engineer, Mission Integrator, and other teams to ensure proper lifecycle support of the system according to the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Supports PCAs, as required.
- Assesses, coordinates and implements approved facility and infrastructure requirements at operational and support nodes which will be used to host current and future systems.
- Researches and analyzes supportability impacts of proposed hardware designs
- Develops methodologies and metrics to assess system supportability. Supervises the collection, organization, and recording of all Logistics Product Data for submission into an LMI software tool. Directs and provides all final approvals for Logistics Supportability Analysis Reports IAW SAE GEIA-STD-0007B standards.
- Enforces physical security measures and 100% accountability of all assigned program property
- Provides thought leadership and day-to-day logistics leadership to development team
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
May require up to 20% travel in/around the CENTCOM area of operations.
Desired training and/or experience in the following software:
Raytheon EAGLE Maintenance Management Information System
Raytheon EAGLE Logistics Supportability Analysis Report system
PTC Windchill products
Demonstrated Master Logistician
Certified Supply Chain Professional
Project Management Professional, preferred
Required Security Clearance: Must have an active Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability