About the Position: SAIC is seeking a Logistics Systems Engineer to provide
support to the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Ground Vehicle
Systems Center (CCDC GVSC), located at the Detroit Arsenal in Warren,
Discover why SAIC is right for you:
is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex
modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space, federal
civilian, and intelligence markets.
are integrators, collaborators, and problem solvers. From imagining the best
the future can be to envisioning new paths to get there, SAIC sees the world
purpose is to advance the power of technology and innovation to serve and
protect our world.
SAIC we value career advancement opportunities, a flexible and caring work
environment, and work that contributes to some of the world's most
- We’re a company that fosters a culture
of engagement, collaboration, and achievement. The solutions we deliver to our
customers come from the ideas and creativity of our people, no matter who
they are or where they come from. Because we believe that is how we
achieve success for ourselves and those we serve.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In this role, you will be responsible for designing for supportability and the ability to influence technology development by incorporating supportability aspects into the development process. The candidate will use their experience in RM&S, system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) to support the creation of supportable product designs and plans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Logistics Engineer will be responsible for making
sure combat and tactical vehicle designs are compliant with supportability
requirements. This will include development of requirements for
accessibility, sustainability and supportability.
- The Logistics Engineer will work with a development
team to ensure the logistic requirements are achieved in the design and
presented in design reviews.
- The Logistics Engineer will develop plans for
reliability centered maintenance that will be tested and refined through
- The Logistics Engineer will be responsible for
conducting Product Supportability Analyses (PSA) to develop logistics
products that establish maintainability characteristics of the
system. These analyzes will use reliability, maintainability and
FMECA data to develop Maintenance Support Plans, Reliability Centered
Maintenance (RCM) analysis, and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA).
- The Logistics Engineer will conduct Integrated Product
Support analysis and plans cover areas such as:
- Maintenance support planning
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Logistics Management Information (LMI) data
- Human Factors Engineering (HFE) aspects
- Embedded diagnostics and prognostics
- Diagnostic procedures in the technical manual
- Common and Special Tools and Test Equipment (STTE)
- Spares and or repair parts list
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND
- BS in Engineering or related technical degree with at
least 6 years of professional experience as a Supportability or Logistics
Engineer in the Defense and/or Automotive industry
establishing Reliability, Maintainability & Supportability (RM&S) requirements.
- Experience incorporating supportability aspects in the development
and design processes, and developing logistics products that establish maintainability characteristics of the system/Experience.
- Experience defining and applying reliability centered maintenance processes.
- Experience conducting
Integrated Product Support analysis and working with integrated product
- At least 4 years’ experience in vehicle or automotive related engineering discipline
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim DOD Secret clearance prior to start date.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability