SAIC has a need for a Senior Systems Software Architecture Lead supporting the Army’s Crew Mission Station (CMS) program initiatives in Huntsville, AL.
The successful candidate will lead and implement Agile, Model Based Engineering (MBE) processes for the development of a modular open system architecture (MOSA) and software to produce the CMS product in line with Open Systems Architecture approaches.
The Lead will manage a team supporting efforts in system design, requirements development and functional allocation of hardware, software, operator and other segments and system components; support the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software and hardware system integration testing, and perform analysis of integration results to assess system impacts. Additionally, the successful candidate will support customer requirements in airworthiness goals and objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise in MBE practice, particularly as applied to system architecture and software development.
- Manage architecture and software team’s completion of tasks within the schedule.
- Lead the Efforts to:
- Define and implement Agile, Model Based Engineering (MBE) processes for the development of a modular open system architecture (MOSA) and software to produce the CMS product.
- Develop program plans to govern the processes and practices used with the CMS Project.
- Develop and Maintain the CMS System Architecture.
- Test, analyze, and evaluate systems using MBSE artifacts
- Perform software modelling (development) tasks.
- Support the broader team in:
- Defining product release schedule and tasks within each release.
- Conducting Trade studies to evaluate potential solutions.
- Supporting requirements analysis and development.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
Must be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance; prefer active.
- Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification).
- Experienced in leading teams: overall direction, planning, day-to-day tasking and mentoring.
- Experience with multiple model based system-engineering tools - Rhapsody, Cameo Magic Draw, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining models using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modeling Language (SysML);
- Experience with Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM), and Integration DEFinition (IDEF) is also preferred.
- Experience using data architectures and data models to facilitate interoperability, FACE Data Architecture experience preferred.
- Experience developing, deriving, and allocating and tracing tiered Systems Engineering requirements (preferably, in Avionics & Defense applications).
- Experience Participating in system requirements reviews and creating and/or updating requirement specifications and technical documentation.
- Understanding of system interface requirements and interface management.
- Ability to work in a C++ environment using interactive techniques through Rhapsody.
- Experience in the conduction of trade studies to support the selection preferred design solutions and course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability