SAIC has a need for an experienced Test Engineer to support our FW_ASIL team on Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
- Individual will be responsible for converting test requirements into test plans and procedures, setup and program LabVIEW based test equipment, test execution for a hardware in loop laboratory environment, and test results reporting.
- Hardware communications between avionics equipment via Mil-Std-1553, ARINC 429, and RS-422, Ethernet, and various high and low speed data busses.
- Analysis of results digital data, discrete signals to evaluate equipment/system performance.
- Individual must be able to complete analysis in comparison to predicted results and succinctly communicate those results.
- The working environment is office / DoD Laboratory.
- Travel is less than 10% in support development of new avionic components.
- The desired experience is from circuit card to LRU to system.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field and 5 years of experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of degree.
MUST have an Interim Secret security clearance to start & able to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
- System testing experience in laboratory, manufacturing, military environment
- Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures used in Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) / Hardware in loop (HIL) environment
- Experience developing automated test scripts and LabVIEW test programs
- Experience producing Test Reports
- Ability to work in a multidiscipline team
- Estimated Travel: <10%
- Clearance: Secret clearance is required to perform this work
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Experience using MS Office products including: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word at an intermediate level
- Complex Hardware in loop test environment
- Multitasking of several concurrent projects
- LabVIEW experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability