SAIC is seeking an exceptional Senior Cloud Systems
Administrator to join our multi-disciplined team in our Identity and Data
Sciences Laboratory (IDSL). The individual that thrives in a highly
collaborative environment will contribute significantly in support of developing
and maintaining a new, scalable infrastructure used to evaluate emerging
hardware and software systems that improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and
satisfaction of systems used to facilitate travel and trade. These technologies include biometric acquisition
and data processing systems, data capture instrumentation and recording
systems, and high throughput screening systems. The IDSL team operates the
Maryland Test Facility (MdTF; http://mdtf.org) to carry out both
small and large scale technology testing on behalf of our clients. The
candidate will join a team composed of scientists, engineers, and subject
matter experts working to design, build, and execute experiments in support of
customer goals. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a hands-on
environment with work primarily being performed onsite in a research setting,
with additional opportunities to support field tests and pilots. This position
is based in Upper Marlboro, MD and expects up to 10% travel within the continental
The Senior Cloud Systems Administrator will:
- Have extensive
technical knowledge of virtual machines and applications operating in IaaS,
PaaS and SaaS environments.
instances of FedRamp compliant cloud infrastructure and services in GovCloud
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational administration
of complex multi-user cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits,
patches, and upgrades.
- Coordinate, schedule and perform software
installations to cloud based operating systems, layered software packages, and
- Ensure data integrity by evaluating,
implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of
- Ensure data/media recoverability by developing
and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
in accordance with industry best practices.
- Monitor the software and network performance
of cloud-based data stores, servers, and databases, troubleshooting and
repairing issues as they arise and making recommendations for enhancements to
improve usability, performance and efficiency.
- Test, evaluate, and recommend next generation software
applications and virtualized services for suitability for deployment on managed
- Maintain system
security strategies, policies, and procedures in support of Approval to Operate
- Develop, implement and promote standard
operating procedures and schedules.
- Maintain technical expertise of relevant
industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such
as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud
deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud
service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and
software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute,
storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning;
- Train other team members in the day-to-day operational support duties
related to cloud infrastructure administration and management.
This position requires a BS and 5+ years, MS and 3+ years, or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate:
- Has prior experience with government ATO processes, procedures, and administrative support requirements.
- Fully understands and complies with FedRamp and FISMA requirements and procedures for cloud computing.
- Has experience managing current day operating systems including both Windows and Linux.
- Possesses meticulous organizational skills with experience in administrative support documentation, log file analysis, system audits, and other record keeping practices.
- Is willing to iterate and adapt system support requirements to changing needs and conditions.
- Possesses strong writing skills and can clearly explain and document technical plans, findings, and recommendations.
- Enjoys working in a multi-disciplined team environment but able to work independently when needed.
- Understands the proper communication techniques to effectively elicit requirements for a task.
- Is an excellent communicator that can effectively collaborate with team members as well as interact with customers.
The following additional skills/experience desired:
- AWS, Azure, GCS, CompTIA Cloud+, Cisco CCNA Cloud or CCSP certification.
- Hands-on experience administering and maintaining hybrid cloud architectures, multiple cloud providers, disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) providers, and PaaS/SaaS providers.
- Demonstrated experience making administrative decisions based on information assurance standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability, and sustainability.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Operational experience with VMware vSphere, Backup Exec, and Patch Manager a strong plus.
- Hands-on coding skills in one or more programming languages such as Python, Perl, R, Ruby, Java, and .NET.
- Knowledge of container management platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker
US Citizenship and favorable government suitability determination required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability