SAIC is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator who, with excellence,
the daily activities of configuration, and operation of systems, which may be
mainframe, mini, or client/server based; perform the optimizing of system
operation and resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and
planning; provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline and 5 years or more of experience OR 9 years or more of experience in lieu of degree; Or Master's degree and 3 years or more of experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience performing systems
administration on a Linux operating system.
- Willingness to learn
- Familiarity with network protocols and network
- Skill utilizing software diagnostic tools and the
ability to conduct appropriate troubleshooting processes and conduct
- Ability to understand the application and utilization
of software packages.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers,
vendors, and database administrators.
- Knowledge of operating systems, including UNIX, Linux,
- Ability to research, assemble, and evaluate information
or data regarding industry practices or applicable regulatory changes and
recommend sound, practical solutions to complex issues.
- Ability to define systems requirements based on
user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing
applications, systems, or platforms.
- Ability to define technical standards and functionality
tests, and to develop specifications, prototypes, or initial user guides.
- Computer and network troubleshooting
- DOE “L" clearance to
start, DOD “Secret" with reciprocity is acceptable
- Knowledge of operating systems Windows, and MacOS.
- Experience leading and implementing large technical
- Scripting/Automation experience
- Virtualization, servers, storage, and networking
- Automation platforms such as Ansible, VmWare, Python
- ESXI experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability