We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented DevOps Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The DevOps Engineer will help develop and maintain automated systems used for development, testing, and deployment of various software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodologies, and provide support for a fast-paced software development team.
The ideal candidate will have implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. The candidate must have working knowledge and experience in the CI/CD realm.
• 5 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
• US Citizenship
• 2 years of experience working with containers and container environments such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular git and SVN
• Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
• Understanding of typical three tier enterprise application architectures
• Practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
• Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
• Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
• Experience as a DevOPS engineer in a scalable production environment
• Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization.
• Must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects
Minimum Clearance Required - Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability