SAIC is seeking a Web Application Scanning Lead to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team that supports the Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States Government. The team operates within the agency's Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Patch and Vulnerability Management Group (PVMG), the group which tracks vulnerabilities and coordinates their remediation. The successful candidate will be leading web application vulnerability scanning and remediation solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD and will manage the web application scanning program, reporting to the vulnerability management team lead.
· Manage web scanning processes and procedures
· Develop and improve process and other documentation.
· Oversee web application scheduling, scanning, analysis, and reporting.
· Coordinate scanning resources.
· Lead analysis of web vulnerabilities.
· Interface with client, client's customer and operation teams.
This position is temporarily remote due to Covid-19.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors in computer science or related technical discipline and eight (8) years or more experience; Masters and 8 (8) years or more of experience; PhD and six (6) years or more of experience. Twelve (12) years of related experience in lieu of Degree.
· 2+ years' of experience performing web application vulnerability scanning using Acunetix or similar industry tools.
· 3+ years' of experience with analyzing vulnerabilities and in developing action plans for resolving them.
· 2+ years' of experience developing and documenting standard operations procedures and work instructions for web application vulnerability scanning.
· Documented experience with the Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner or other web scanning tools. Candidate should be strongly familiar with web vulnerability scanning, identification and remediation using the Acunetix tool.
· Broad knowledge of current information technology web application systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
· Comfortable using the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a large community of stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and accurately in person and in writing.
· All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
· Experience with Tenable Nessus, Tenable Security Center, and Tenable.sc.
· Experience with other web application scanner tools.
· Familiarity with related other IT Infrastructure technologies
· Technical experience in Microsoft, RedHat Linux, Cisco, Oracle, etc. are also a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of network technologies and concepts, Active Directory, Windows server, Windows 10 OS, and desktop and cloud applications such as Office365 and SharePoint Online.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability