SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Developer to join our team in Sterling, VA.
You will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program.
- The position will be supporting the various border security efforts of CBP and may include: biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies.
- Active member of the software development team participating in the daily stand-ups.
- Design and develop .Net applications including middleware applications, user interface applications (java script framework), and web services applications
- May also include developing and integrating with Microsoft SQL server databases
- Develop software design documentation which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
- Use Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include Microsoft Visual Studio and GIT Manage software testing activities to include data setup, defect troubleshooting and resolution
- Provide Tier 3 / 4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 9 years of experience or equivalent.
Government Eligibility Requirements:
- Distributed system design and development with Microsoft C# .NET environment
- Middleware and User Interface driven applications Multi-threaded applications
- Exception handling Integration with hardware devices and vendor SDKs
- Web Services development Ideal Skills:
- PowerShell, Python and/or Bash Docker and Linux experience AWS experience
- Mobile platform development
- Agile development
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proactive approach to problem solving Delivery mindset
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability