Job ID: 206650
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an immediate need for an IDM Test Lead to support the test effort for the IDM Team for the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate (S3I) onsite at Redstone Arsenal/Huntsville, Alabama.
The Improved Data Modem (IDM) is a communication device for the Army rotorcraft digital fleet. It is an Airworthy hardware and software system. The S3I is supporting software sustainment for fielded IDM systems and an update to transition to the Multi Core Processor (MCP) Operating Environment (OE) implementation of the IDM Software Application (ISA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support complete software development lifecycle for testing the IDM Legacy Software, ISA and MCP OE.
o Perform planning for Software Testing.
o Provide guidance and oversight for all Software Testing to include collaboration and coordination with other organizations (IDM SIL, SOW 14, …)
o Provide oversight for Systems and Software Integration for test software
o Provide oversight for all software test documentation for inclusion in an STP and STD sufficient to support airworthiness certification.
o Provide status for all test activities through weekly IPT
o Analyze system, software, and hardware specifications and interface documents to support transition of IDM to MCP OE.
o Assist in the architecture, design and modeling of the IDM software.
o Provide leadership for interdisciplinary teams as required for design, documentation, implementation and test of incremental functional capabilities.
· Coordinate with IDM Production Team regarding all test activities and provide oversight for test activities.
· Provide innovative approach to automated testing for continued process improvement.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
· 14 years or more applicable experience
· Demonstrated leadership skills. The candidate must be able to lead a team of 20+ personnel of various skill levels to accomplish overall test goals
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· Strong ability to track and report status for all test activities and communicate with S3I leadership on all test related topics
· Experience with development and execution of automated test cases for embedded software
· Software development using C/C++
· Familiarity with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Microsoft Visual Studio
· Full Software Development Lifecycle to include developing software component design, implementation, and unit test artifacts
· Experience with configuration management tools (Subversion, GIT, JIRA and Bitbucket)
· Network experience including TCP, UDP and Multicast protocols
· Demonstrated experience developing software to test against ICDs
· Proficient in MS Office
· Experience writing Perl and Bash shell scripts
· Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), Green Hills Integrity-178 tuMP
Required Clearance Requirement: Candidate must have an active Secret Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability