Job ID: 206332
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, United States
Date Posted: Jun 15, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Help Desk Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Provides daily supervision and direction to the Service Center team. The IT Service Desk Manager establishes an effective, proactive and repeatable service delivery process that improves the end user’s IT experience; the Service Desk Manager will lead, guide, and support the Service Center and will perform the following:
• Manages and is responsible for the successful and timely completion of Service Center tasks
• Serves as the senior most level technician in assisting customers experiencing problems with IT resources, or requesting new services
• Serves as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, all types of computer systems, and printer problems
• Leads and guides the Service Center team through the handling and management of IT service requests, incident management, change management, problem management, event management, outage escalations, enterprise IT troubleshooting
• Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve IT problems
• Escalates tickets to higher-level support groups as necessary
• Monitors assigned queues, voicemail, web sites and other incoming communication methods
• Prepares and provides various Service Desk reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested
• Establishes internal service delivery performance benchmarks, drives Quality Assurance engagements, drives Ticket Deep Dives and develops strategies/initiatives for improvement
• Establishes and manages Knowledgebase/Solutions Repositories and ensures new/updated processes, procedures, work instructions and knowledge are incorporated in a timely fashion in the knowledgebase and are available to the entire Service Center team
• Establishes and manages processes for communicating outages/emergency activities to the program and Customers
• Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff
• Participates in maintaining and improving Service Center standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Participates in special projects as required
QualificationsHigh School Diploma or equivalent required.
Security Requirement – Must be US Citizen and possess a US Government Secret security clearance.
Min Clearance to start- Interim Secret.Previous computer technical support preferred.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability