We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Middleware System Administrator to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. In this role you will support the integrity and governance of a system/software solution, including best practices for delivering services.
Develop, deploy and support infrastructures, applications, software solutions and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery. Support technical escalation of L3/advanced issues for problem resolution. Apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications. This resource will be primarily responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project. Duties include providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management. This position will require and be responsible for the management of, monitoring the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
The candidate will provide key input into technical designs for a variety of projects. Responsible for the implementation of all changes to Middleware components, from request for change or project initiation through to deployment and review, to supporting the continued availability, effectiveness and risk compliance of the infrastructure. They will take responsibility for completing tasks, focusing on requirements, and meeting client needs.
Key duties include:
• Reporting to leadership on the Middleware team activities
• Implementing complex changes to the infrastructure
• Building and creating products and services
• Supporting solutions that meet the requirements
• Preparing documentation that explains the technical solution clearly
• Maintaining or enhancing systems infrastructure components and services to ensure that infrastructure is in vendor supported and standards compliant state
• Building technical expertise
• Responding to incidents according to the government approved Incident Response Plan
• Providing 24x7x365 integration support for all Middleware components (including networking) and OIT supported applications interfaces, including but not limited to MQ/Data Power support products (commercial-off-the-shelf and proprietary)
• 3-10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
• 2 years’ experience in incident, problem and change management
• 2 years’ experience working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support or project delivery environment
• 2–3 years’ working in Redhat and AIX Linux platforms
• 2-3 years’ experience within Middleware, JAVA or related technology
• 2-3 years’ experience with Weblogic platform
• 3 years’ experience working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program
• 1-2 years’ scripting skills using WLST, Shell script, Python
• 1 year experience using Change Management tools such as Remedy
• 1 year experience working with Atlassian suite of products to manage projects • Experience with WebSphere Application Server & WebSphere Portal preferred, but can be substituted by training
• Experience with Apache Tomcat preferred
• Experience with Monitoring tools such as OEM, AppD preferred
Minimum Clearance Required - Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability