Description Position Description:
SAIC is currently looking for a Process SME in Washington, DC to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program, Information Assurance Service Line. This position will be instrumental to assisting the IA Directorate in the closure of OIG findings and providing the necessary expertise in improvements to IA organizational processes to meet the NIST requirements and achieve ISO 27K certification. Under the Information Assurance Service line, the Process SME will support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM), Information Assurance (IA) Directorate. The dedicated Process SME will be responsible for supporting IA’s ISO 27K project to include, but not limited to, working with and assist IA stakeholders with documenting new or updating existing plans, processes, procedures, work instructions and other documentation, identifying where processes can be streamlined, ensuring that the document management process is followed, assisting in the decision-making process of what documents need to be archived or updated before uploading to the Process Asset Library (PAL), organizing documentation in the PAL, and ensuring the appropriate templates/forms/checklists are available for use. The Process SME will report directly to the Vanguard 2.2.1 Service Line Director with an indirect report to the Vanguard 2.2.1 QA Director.
The Process SME is a highly motivated individual that is responsible for defining, developing and improving operational processes, policies, roles and responsibilities and performance measurements to ensure program objectives are being met with optimal efficiency. Additionally, the position will monitor and perform product reviews, update and facilitate policies and procedures to enact continuous service improvement in a highly complex and dynamic environment.
This position is primarily for normal business hours, Monday through Friday, however candidates must be available for after-hours and weekends escalations as necessary.
Description of Duties:
The Process SME is responsible for leading the process definition and improvements activities under the ISO 27K project and will be responsible for the quality and maintenance of the products and processes for IA. The Process SME is responsible for ensuring the IA ISO 27K project is in compliance with the NIST standards and IRM/IA’s requirements, and Vanguard 2.2.1 contract requirements.
The Process SME is responsible for:
-Work with the IA SharePoint Administrator in the IA SharePoint with/PAL project to streamline and organize IA’s documentation
-Monitoring and maintaining policies, plans, processes, standard operation procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and other IA assets within IA’s Process Asset Library (PAL), as required.
-Leading, coordinating, and facilitating the creation of stakeholder reviews of required documentations necessary to support achieving the ISO 27K certification.
-Participating/facilitating quality reviews of supporting documentation for IA’s Training initiatives necessary for stakeholder awareness of new and updated processes.
-Conducting analysis of operational processes (i.e. Incident, Problem, Configuration Management, Change Management, A&A, etc.) including current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment and other related tasks.
-Assisting in monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value and quality delivery to the Program.
-Interviewing stakeholders to determine operational requirements and objectives, such as organization functions, inputs and outputs, and step-by-step procedures.
-Maintaining the IA’s Program’s Corrective/Preventive Action and Action Item Logs to include tracking action items and corrective action status for the project and reporting any quality issues to management in a timely manner.
-Recommending, planning and developing a strategy to implement process improvements, including: as-is and future to-be state and monitoring results to verify effectiveness.
-Documenting process definitions attributes and work flows, including visual diagrams where appropriate.
-Examine processes holistically to understand the impact of change on people, strategy, systems and general business operations; articulate and present process change recommendations to Government and Contractor staff
-Collecting, collating and analyzing process performance/metric data; provide data analysis and feedback to the IA Service Line Lead and Government Technical Monitor for process improvement initiatives.
-Interfacing with the customer and participating in all ISO 27K project meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 5-10+ years of experience working in a technical operations environment supporting mission critical systems.
- Must be able to provide an independent assessment of how the IA’s processes are being implemented relative to the defined processes to optimize the current work.
- Must have demonstrated and proven skills in writing documentation (i.e. standard operating procedures, user guides, and similar products) to clearly disseminate relevant information to an enterprise-wide audience to increase user awareness and provide relevant and different types of materials.
- Extremely strong, proficient and demonstrated oral and written communication skills with experience working effectively with direct customer, senior management, project management team members, and technical staff members regarding communication and system issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to work directly with customers, including VIP’s.
- Ability to draft and generate original document artifacts.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables, and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and focus on delivery of products and services on time.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views as well as gives and welcomes feedback. Demonstrate an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others.
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active)
- Knowledge in IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification a strong plus.
- Familiarity/Experience with ISO and CMMI a strong plus
- Competency in Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office products, including Visio.
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience with quality assurance, and quality control a plus.
- Experience with process definition and improvement
- ASQ Certifications (e.g., CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE) are a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability