Job ID: 206134
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a seasoned systems engineer with Agile software and/or DevSecOps expertise to provide System Integration support to the United States Space Force, Space and Missile Systems Center's Special Programs Directorate. This customer equips the U.S. Space Force with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual with experience in technical programs and systems engineering of command and control software applications for the space control mission area. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform technical and program management support in the execution of Agile and DevSecOps software development and fielding in accordance with the DoD 5000.02 framework as well as evolving policy,
- Coordinate Government System Integration activities with interfacing systems and/or applications throughout the system life cycle,
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability,
- Perform and oversee concept of operations development, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architecture development, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis for an existing and/or new interfacing system,
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of interface requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints,
- Perform and oversee functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into applicable Agile/DevSecOps design/build features for new interfacing systems and/or applications,
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet the program needs, including present and future capacity requirements against the an existing and/or new system interface,
- Develop and maintain interface specifications with existing and/or new systems and/or applications.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline and 9+ years of technical program management, systems engineering, and Agile/DevSecOps software development activities,
- 7+ years of experience required for Master’s Degree and 4+ years for PhD,
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance and have a willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.