Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) Support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
In support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate, the Office of Mission and Capability Support (MCS) executes Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) to transition technologies, knowledge products, and solution approaches in support of its DHS Component customers, Federal, State, Local Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT) first responders, and the larger Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). MCS executes Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) funding to find or develop solutions to fulfill DHS component operational requirements. MCS covers all DHS mission areas, and serves 13 discrete customer portfolios. The MCS Front Office requires support to conduct oversight and management of its RDT&E portfolio and facilitate its efforts to analyze, introduce, and enhance technological products, services, systems, and capabilities to S&Ts customers. It includes strategy development, portfolio administration and oversight, stakeholder engagement and communications, reporting and data call management, property and records management support, and business operations and financial management support.
These support functions include program analysis, tracking, and reporting; program and communication coordination; high-level technology research and technical feasibility assessments; program budget assessment and analysis; and studies and analysis related to program management, engineering, and technical services for current and proposed MCS programs.
S&T’s core mission areas mirror the Department and MCS customer requirements in the following program/projects areas:
• Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats
• Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches
• Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure
• Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security
• Strengthen Preparedness and Resiliency
• Champion the DHS Workforce and strengthen the Department
Strategic Mission Manager and Portfolio Manager Support
MCS requires support to allow the Strategic Mission Managers and S&T Portfolio Managers to integrate fluidly with MCS, other parts of S&T, and DHS at large. These administrative support personnel will help manage calendars, workloads, tasking and reporting, communication and similar endeavors. The Senior Portfolio/Program/Project Analyst can be expected to perform the following tasks.
• Provide office support.
• Provide analysis and preparation of reports, presentations, graphs, tables and charts.
• Review documents for grammar, structure and clarity.
• Assistance in managing and responding to S&T Executive Secretary data calls.
• Provide executive-level support to Strategic Mission Managers in planning, assessment, and advice in the following areas: strategic and operational planning, infrastructure enhancement, and conceptual development.
• Provide support to Portfolio Managers in their continued engagement with DHS S&T customers on the receipt, prioritization, and regular reporting of their operational capability gaps.
• Provide graphics design, printing, publishing, wide format imaging and photographic support services in support of S&T communications.
• Assist in maintaining records (hardcopy and electronic).
At SAIC, the Senior Portfolio/Program/Project Analyst assists program managers in their execution of programs within the RDT&E process encompassing: technology foraging and scouting; research and development; test and evaluation; systems & operational analysis and engineering; operational testing and integration; information management; technology transfer, transition and commercialization; and risk management and mitigation. The individual will:
• Assist with defining requirements; provides input to project scope, schedule and budget based on an understanding of the program lifecycle.
• Assist in maintaining changes to project baselines; monitor deliverables; assess documents, plans and applications; conduct quality reviews of projects and tasks.
• Prepare presentations and other materials to support project functions.
• Lead activities to identify project risks and assist in the development of mitigation plans.
• Draft correspondence, reports, white papers, minutes, spreadsheets, communications products, briefs, and other documentation.
• Maintain and track action items, and participates in meetings.
• Support the development of procurement requests to include having and applying practical knowledge of the acquisition process as outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulation in order to formulate various acquisition approaches.
• Assist in drafting various documents supporting a procurement.
• Be relied upon to provided technical and procurement guidance to junior contractor staff on the team.
• BA/BS + 10 years of relevant experience or Master’s + 5 years of relevant experience.in program management.
• Must have an active Top Secret clearance
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability