Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
In its continuing quest to make America secure, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is committed to advancing science, creating cutting-edge technology, and leveraging scientific and non-scientific talents in order to strengthen the domestic defensive posture against terrorism. As a result, the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is dedicated to creating, promoting, encouraging and advancing a full range of research and development (R&D) efforts to drive innovation and efficient technological solutions to help guard the homeland and guide the nation to a better protected and resilient future. This position will support the DHS S&T Director's Office of Enterprise Services (OES) Program Support Office (PSO) to obtain program management, administrative and technical support services. The scope of this requirement is to provide the DHS S&T OES PSO with professional scientific, technical and programmatic assistance and relevant administrative assistance services to support efforts in research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E).
S&T’s core mission areas mirror the Department customer requirements in the following program/projects areas:
• Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats
• Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches
• Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure
• Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security
• Strengthen Preparedness and Resiliency
• Champion the DHS Workforce and strengthen the Department
Program Management Learning and Skill Development Support
The Analyst supports the PSO in the development of innovative, transformative, and creative professional development opportunities for S&T Portfolio, Program and Project Managers. This includes developing education materials and executing skill development activities, to include instructor-led training (in-person and virtual), self-guided training for self-certification, and informational documents. Other tasks may include:
• Creates engaging learning and skill development workshops and educational forums that considers adult learning theory and accounts for various learning styles. Skill development activities maximize participants’ attention and knowledge retention by making the appropriate use of all educational tools available to include: periodic knowledge checks, positive and negative examples, group exercises, embedded videos, animations, and facilitating dialogue among participants.
• Provides technical and administrative support in applying standard training concepts, adult learning theory, and principles and techniques for the S&T PM learning and skill development program.
• Performs administrative tasks to facilitate the training program such as: serving as the primary point of contact for PM training inquiries, filing and maintaining documents electronically in Government systems, as appropriate.
• Provides support to training events by drafting and distributing training announcements; managing registration when applicable; setting up webinar and/or meeting spaces; scheduling and communicating expectations to training facilitators; and developing and processing post-training evaluations.
• Analyzes and reviews course materials to determine the effectiveness of learning sessions with regard to content and trainer; take correction action as necessary to improve training effectiveness.
• Communicates and collaborates with all necessary stakeholders to develop and maintain a timely and accurate master training task listing, guest speaker contact list, and other materials in accordance with guidance from the PSO Division Director.
Contributes to the evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions. Resolves complex problems, which require an in-depth knowledge of subject matter related to the designated field or discipline. Applies principles and methods of the subject matter to specialized solutions. Areas of expertise may include economic and behavioral analysis, data analytics, biometric analysis, communication and network systems, business process reengineering, performance management, statistical process control, individual and organizational assessment and evaluation, process modeling and simulation, strategic and business planning, change management, organizational development, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and situational awareness and decision support.
• BA/BS + 5 years of relevant experience or Master’s + 3 years of relevant experience.
• Must have at minimum, an active Secret clearance and ability to obtain DHS Suitability
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability