Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
In its continuing quest to make America secure, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is committed to advancing science, creating cutting-edge technology, and leveraging scientific and non-scientific talents in order to strengthen the domestic defensive posture against terrorism. As a result, the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is dedicated to creating, promoting, encouraging and advancing a full range of research and development (R&D) efforts to drive innovation and efficient technological solutions to help guard the homeland and guide the nation to a better protected and resilient future. This position will support the DHS S&T Director's Office of Enterprise Services (OES) Program Support Office (PSO) to obtain program management, administrative and technical support services. The scope of this requirement is to provide the DHS S&T OES PSO with professional scientific, technical and programmatic assistance and relevant administrative assistance services to support efforts in research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E).
S&T’s core mission areas mirror the Department customer requirements in the following program/projects areas:
• Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats
• Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches
• Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure
• Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security
• Strengthen Preparedness and Resiliency
• Champion the DHS Workforce and strengthen the Department
Contributes to the evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions. Resolves complex problems, which require an in-depth knowledge of subject matter related to the designated field or discipline. Applies principles and methods of the subject matter to specialized solutions. Areas of expertise may include business process reengineering, performance management, statistical process control, individual and organizational assessment and evaluation, process modeling and simulation, strategic and business planning, change management, organizational development, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and situational awareness and decision support. Other tasks may include:
Operations & Governance Support
The Analyst will provide support to address the full scope of management activities for programs/projects on behalf of the PSO. This support aligns with the DHS/S&T Operational Model Blueprint and associated business processes. The individual provides one-on-one support to the PMs in the development of program/project documentation; facilitation of key project team working sessions such as risk reviews, and kickoff meetings.
The individual supports the establishment and execution of the Program/Project Review Board, Change Control Board and other Governance boards. This includes the following: planning, preparation and distribution of advance meeting materials, minute taking, facilitating the meetings (including logistics), planning, coordinating, and communicating the agenda, tracking action items, posting of information on the PSO Portal, and monitoring and disseminating information. Other responsibilities may include:
• Assisting and providing lead support in the development, coordination, and execution of the indepth independent reviews of S&T program and projects (e.g., rubric development, methodology development, management of information required to evaluate review quality).
• Providing support for logistics planning and execution of independent portfolio analysis and reviews; data curation and quality control; metric definition and tracking; and reporting for the S&T portfolio. Reviews may include participation by senior members of the S&T staff, senior leaders from DHS components and other equivalent functional offices, and senior stakeholders across the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). Results will be used to recommend data-driven decisions to the Under Secretary of S&T and other senior leadership within S&T and across DHS.
• Providing support and assistance in the development and execution of data-driven strategies and techniques that inform the effectiveness, relevance, usage and quality of PSO products and services. The Contractor shall provide recommendations to the PSO Division Director and be able to model innovative, effective, and proven data-driven techniques for collecting and analyzing business data to help inform decision-making, process and product improvements and customer satisfaction. PSO customers include S&T portfolio managers, program managers, project managers, and senior leadership.
Contributes to the evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions. Resolves complex problems, which require an in-depth knowledge of subject matter related to the designated field or discipline. Applies principles and methods of the subject matter to specialized solutions. Areas of expertise may include economic and behavioral analysis, data analytics, biometric analysis, communication and network systems, business process reengineering, performance management, statistical process control, individual and organizational assessment and evaluation, process modeling and simulation, strategic and business planning, change management, organizational development, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and situational awareness and decision support.
• BA/BS + 5 years of relevant experience or Master’s + 3 years of relevant experience.
• Must have an active Secret clearance and ability to obtain DHS Suitability
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability