Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) Support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security. The program office within S&T that this task order supports is the Office of University Program OUP).
SETA service for the Office of University Programs (OUP) requires providing technical knowledge, scientific information, advice, opinions, alternatives, analyses, feedback, and recommendations; providing administrative support to program and technical management; and providing assistance to program planning and oversight, exercise, development, execution and evaluation; system level analysis; system integration support inclusive of understanding of threats and vulnerability; technical assessment & evaluation to support and complement the Government’s technical experts in applying research, development test & evaluation (RDT&E) towards accomplishing the DHS mission.
S&T’s core mission areas mirror the Department and MCS customer requirements in the following program/projects areas:
• Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats
• Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches
• Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure
• Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security
• Strengthen Preparedness and Resiliency
• Champion the DHS Workforce and strengthen the Department
The OUP supports this S&T function and manages a complex and broad portfolio of scientific investments focused on the investigation, experimentation and evaluation of emerging science and technology in response to DHS Component needs. S&T OUP is organized in three focus areas:
• Centers of Excellence (COEs) - OUP manages ten lead COEs that form a consortium of hundreds of universities conducting research to address homeland security challenges.
• Education and Workforce Development (Ed&WF) - OUP has initiatives to education and train the current and future homeland security workforce in science and engineering professions.
• Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) - OUP MSI programs aim to diversify the academic institutions involved in the homeland security mission. MSI programs include grants and cooperative agreements for Scientific Leadership and Summer Research collaborations that engage early career faculty and students with the COEs
The Systems Engineer Sr may provide SETA support to provide related OUP Office Support by conducting the following sub-tasks:
• Web Portal and Application Development. In accordance with DHS policies, provide maintenance for collaboration site and build new capabilities, functions and utilities on applications (e.g. SharePoint 2013 (or later versions, Office 365, etc.) to enhance communications, collaboration and operational functions. Maintain expertise in current versions of application and coordinate with offices to share and implement best practices. Coordinate user requirements, conduct requirements gathering and analysis, and provide documentation support. Keep records of, update or develop technical documents as to what was customized and why; or develop end user documents and provide user training, advise and consultation. Web design and development experience is highly desired.
• Other Subject Matter Experts. OUP may require contractor to provide highly specialized knowledge and expertise required to support S&T requirements or issues related to threats and vulnerability, policy and regulations, intelligence, and optimizing organizational processes and needs. Such support, for example, may require contractor to assist in the formulation or a reformulation of an S&T program, assistance with studies to inform major policy initiatives related to S&T, and provide strategic perspective or critical advice on high priority concerns or matters related to the homeland security enterprise.
• Assist the Task Order Manager/SME III with control of the work being performed including implementation of the project Task Order Quality Control Plan (QCP). This plan articulates a quality control system that ensures that the work performed meets contract requirements. The plan articulates how SAIC will measure, track, report and analyze contract performance. At a minimum, the QCP must include a self-inspection and a follow-up inspection plan; methodology for identifying and correcting problems; composition of QC team with identification of individual roles and responsibilities; and an outline of the procedures that the Contractor will use to maintain quality, timeliness, responsiveness, customer satisfaction, and any other requirements set forth within the terms and conditions of this contract.
The SAIC Engineer plans and performs high-level engineering analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex solutions that require a thorough knowledge of applied mathematics, scientific, and/or technical skills. Designs and prepares engineering plans, reports and related documentation. Absorbs, integrates and interprets data through various methodologies.
• BA/BS + 5 years of relevant experience or Master’s + 3 years of relevant
• Must have at minimum, an active Secret clearance and ability to obtain DHS Suitability
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability