Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) Support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security. The program office within S&T that this task order supports is the Office of University Program OUP).
SETA service for the Office of University Programs (OUP) requires providing technical knowledge, scientific information, advice, opinions, alternatives, analyses, feedback, and recommendations; providing administrative support to program and technical management; and providing assistance to program planning and oversight, exercise, development, execution and evaluation; system level analysis; system integration support inclusive of understanding of threats and vulnerability; technical assessment & evaluation to support and complement the Government’s technical experts in applying research, development test & evaluation (RDT&E) towards accomplishing the DHS mission.
S&T’s core mission areas mirror the Department and MCS customer requirements in the following program/projects areas:
• Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats
• Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches
• Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure
• Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security
• Strengthen Preparedness and Resiliency
• Champion the DHS Workforce and strengthen the Department
The OUP supports this S&T function and manages a complex and broad portfolio of scientific investments focused on the investigation, experimentation and evaluation of emerging science and technology in response to DHS Component needs. S&T OUP is organized in three focus areas:
• Centers of Excellence (COEs) - OUP manages ten lead COEs that form a consortium of hundreds of universities conducting research to address homeland security challenges.
• Education and Workforce Development (Ed&WF) - OUP has initiatives to education and train the current and future homeland security workforce in science and engineering professions.
• Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) - OUP MSI programs aim to diversify the academic institutions involved in the homeland security mission. MSI programs include grants and cooperative agreements for Scientific Leadership and Summer Research collaborations that engage early career faculty and students with the COEs
The Senior Analyst provides COE Program Analysis and Execution for all three focus areas within OUP. The individual advises OUP Program Managers (PMs) on the overall planning and strategic direction of COEs and other OUP-funded performers. To support OUP in these areas, the Senior Analyst will be called upon to:
• Execute mission needs and workload, independently. Quickly understand where authority lies in given scenarios when working with various stakeholders when consensus is not reached.
• Assist in communication with stakeholders and other government service providers.
• Be familiar with programmatic policies, procedures, processes and mission needs to assist with the execution of tasks.
• Provide input and assistance in preparing project briefs, composing project reports and documents, and other project related materials; scheduling and assisting in organizing logistical support and hosting project-related meetings, reviews, and video or teleconferences.
• Work with minimal guidance and diligently with various stakeholder to gather necessary information and must be able to take direction from the Government and timely implement the necessary changes or edits.
• Assemble acquisition documents for purchase request packages. This requires comprehensive familiarity with the acquisition and procurement process to include understanding different assisted acquisitions and contract types, grants/ cooperative agreements and their purposes and potential uses. Assist with requirements such as conducting market research and composing meaningful, comprehensive market research reports, providing assistance in composing independent cost estimates based on contract types and the actual need related to the program mission, assist with acquisition planning and producing meaningful and comprehensive acquisition plans, etc.
• Quickly understand technical needs and synthesize them in a comprehensive requirements document such as statement of works, performance work statements, statement of objective, etc., in plain English. Hence, shall understand the different contract types and acquisition document types and their purposes (e.g. working knowledge of how to prepare and understand the purpose of Determination and Finding (D&F) and Justification and Approval (J&A), and other procurement related documents).
• Prepare documentation for modifications, tasks related to project and contract execution. This includes facilitating and assisting with closing out projects or contracts and interagency agreements. Establishes and maintains program contract files and records.
• Assist in portfolio, program, project planning and control including tracking technical and fiscal performance, schedules, and government assigned action items; creating funding and budget documents; preparing project plans and milestones, status reports, monitoring the execution of the tasks for quality and against planned timelines.
• Coordinate and track progress of R&D funding actions that facilitate portfolios, programs, projects execution; obtain funds status (commitment, obligation, expenditures); and be capable of monitoring expenditures. Assist in funds management and budget planning.
• Keep records of all documents at the project level. Develop, refine and make available an archivable, searchable, indexed repository comprising official portfolio, program, and project records. Independently or under minimal guidance identify, collect, distill, organize, and maintain files of all program documents with availability the program office. May also require capturing best practices and lessons learned, and maintain currency of all records so the documents can be transitioned efficiently within the office.
SAIC Senior Analyst contributes to the evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions. Resolves complex problems, which require an in-depth knowledge of subject matter related to the designated field or discipline. Applies principles and methods of the subject matter to specialized solutions. Areas of expertise may include economic and behavioral analysis, data analytics, biometric analysis, communication and network systems, business process reengineering, performance management, statistical process control, individual and organizational assessment and evaluation, process modeling and simulation, strategic and business planning, change management, organizational development, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and situational awareness and decision support.
• BA/BS + 10 years of relevant experience or Master’s + 5 years of relevant experience.in program management.
• Must have an active Secret clearance and ability to obtain DHS Suitability
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability