Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) Support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
In support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate, the Office of Mission and Capability Support (MCS) executes Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) to transition technologies, knowledge products, and solution approaches in support of its DHS Component customers, Federal, State, Local Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT) first responders, and the larger Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). MCS executes Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) funding to find or develop solutions to fulfill DHS component operational requirements. MCS covers all DHS mission areas, and serves 13 discrete customer portfolios. The MCS Front Office requires support to conduct oversight and management of its RDT&E portfolio and facilitate its efforts to analyze, introduce, and enhance technological products, services, systems, and capabilities to S&Ts customers. It includes strategy development, portfolio administration and oversight, stakeholder engagement and communications, reporting and data call management, property and records management support, and business operations and financial management support.
These support functions include program analysis, tracking, and reporting; program and communication coordination; high-level technology research and technical feasibility assessments; program budget assessment and analysis; and studies and analysis related to program management, engineering, and technical services for current and proposed MCS programs.
S&T’s core mission areas mirror the Department and MCS customer requirements in the following program/projects areas:
• Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats
• Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches
• Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure
• Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security
• Strengthen Preparedness and Resiliency
• Champion the DHS Workforce and strengthen the Department
DHS S&T Office of Mission and Capability Support (MCS) Front Office (FO) requires Senior Administrative Specialists (Executive Assistants) to coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, book rooms, manage and coordinate travel, route documents for signature, liaise with S&T leadership support staff, and otherwise ensure the full functionality of MCS Front Office. The Senior Administrative Specialist may be required to perform the following tasks:
• Perform routine executive-level tasks for the MCS Front Office Staff to include but not limited to scheduling, drafting internal memos, filing, intranet website maintenance, and coordinating MCS Front Office daily operations.
• Manage and maintain MCS Front Office staff calendars, phones, and arrange meetings and conference calls to include scheduling with other attendees, scheduling conference rooms, and off-site meetings.
• Arrange travel for MCS Front Office staff to include domestic, international, and invitational travel.
• Support senior staff personnel in the development of organizational goals and implementation plans.
• Provide strategic analysis and support to the MCS Front Office staff supporting MCS outreach and strategic vision.
At SAIC, the Senior Administrative Specialist performs administrative duties as required such as writing memos, filing, typing, and copying documents. Develops spreadsheets, maintains program, project, and task files, technical support information for program, project managers. Organizes and maintains calendars for one or more managers, schedules meetings, takes meeting notes and distributes to attendees. Prepares correspondence, briefs, and reports and assists with planning, initiation, and tracking of task assignments and associated data. Assists with preparing and processing travel and maintaining travel requests and records. Distributes and monitors taskings, data calls, and coordinating troubleshoot requests.
• BA/BS + 7 years of relevant experience or Masters + 5 years of relevant experience.
• Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability