Job ID: 206082
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for team
members to support the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Transforming
All-Source Analysis with Location-Based Object Services (TALOS) to advance the
state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI),
Machine Learning (ML), and advanced analytics to enhance the DoD’s and the
Intelligence Community’s (IC) information processes and technical
architectures. DoD and the IC, warfighters, policymakers, and acquisition
leaders must address strategic challenges that focus on leading-edge IT to
deliver insight, advantages, and dominance in all warfighting domains—land,
maritime, air, space, and cyber
The Software Developer will provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
· Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
· Preferred experience working in a Government mission Data Exploitation environment (e.g., acquiring data, storing data, processing data, analyzing data, visualizing data, turning data into intelligence products, disseminating data, and knowledge management).
· Experience supporting a cloud computing environment (e.g., private, hybrid, and/or public).
· Experience leading major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
· Desired experience working with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability