Job ID: 205918
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: May 20, 2020
Category: Business Management
Subcategory: Accounting Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
The Project Accounting (Setup) group falls under the umbrella of the Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization at SAIC. FSS comprises many functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounting Services & Development, Cash Collection, Project Setup, as well as other Shared Service functions within SAIC.
FSS is a dedicated and detail-oriented finance organization built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, innovative business solutions, business insight and partnership, and leadership and career development that enables the successful execution of the enterprise strategy.
The FSS organization currently has an opening for an Accounting Support position within the Project Setup department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to Costpoint project setup and analysis and to interact with various other areas within and outside of FSS.
The primary responsibilities for this role are supporting the Project Setup organization as well as assisting in Costpoint system setup of projects.The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of support activities for the project setup organization in an effort to aid in the successful execution of the setup team’s goals of accurate setup and timely execution of high volume requests.
• Candidate must be able to multi‐task in a fast-paced environment with moderate supervision, which will require a flexible schedule
• Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
• Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication
• No Degree or experience required, but it is preferable for applicant to have experience working in professional office environments
• Experience in Government Contracting. Previous exposure to SAIC policies and procedures and experience with Deltek Costpoint highly desirable, but not a requirement for this entry-level position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability